My stuff

Out-of-Character Information

General
New Picture Gallery
Old Picture Gallery
Events
Links

All times are UTC

How many Sanctions event do you want this year?
Poll ended at Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:38 pm
1) One Sanctioned Event in October 5%  5%  [ 3 ]
2) Two Sanctioned Events, July and October 24%  24%  [ 13 ]
3) Two Sanctioned Events and an April Social. 69%  69%  [ 37 ]
Total votes : 53
 Post subject: 2014 Event Plan Poll
PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 9:38 pm 

Please vote by Sunday 23rd for what you want from your faccom to try and achieve for 2014

Social is an extremely low plot banquet and drink on the Saturday. If we get the right site it will also be OC Friday / Sunday before home time.

We would use it as a chance to talk OC and IC on as many levels as possible so that come Moot1 we all hit the field with a gameplan

Post subject: Re: 2014 Event Plan Poll
PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 9:45 pm 

Just to be clear, by Summer do you mean in June/ July ish rather than the usual April-y?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 9:52 pm 

I quie like the idea of a wolf social event and the sanctioned, 1 I can make more dresses and girly things you would never see Frenya ware otherwise. 2 I have so many people I would love to spend more time with at events but never get the time to.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 11:17 pm 
Site Admin

What do you mean by "social" in this case?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 11:24 pm 

Added above

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 8:18 am 

Now that 'social' has been explained and my keen has weened off slightly and I have a clearer head I have one small concern.
As we know we are a faction that is spread out across England and Scotland. With OOF in Leeds, bees in Nottingham, others in Cambridge, derby, London, Cornwall and me in my small corner of the south west, the location for the social could be critical to its success.
A weekend event I can justify as far north as Leeds, but Leeds is a push for me. A day event I would justify as far north as Birmingham and that's still a push.
With this in mind I am still very much for a social event as I think a 'meeting' to collate information before the spring moot is just what we need and with it being plot lite it's just what our fantastic plot and ref team need to relax before the busy main season.
I think we need to be thinking long and hard about it and make sure our votes are not purely out of keen. Last thing any of us want to do is waste the npc's, plot and yellow teams time.
I know you've tried to do one south one north events before and it hasn't worked. So the question is Will you come to a social event if it was just a day and how at are you willing to travel? When you've posted here https://www.facebook.com/groups/4781038 ... 590053430/ have you thought about your travel to?
Remember that these guys can't read minds and if you don't speak up they won't know. I've done injustice to these guys by assuming everyone knows what I'm thinking before. So think about your votes, don't let the keen think for you!

I'm still keeping my vote as three events. But I do have worries as to if I could actually make it to a one day social.

EDIT

and Northern Ireland! Can't believe I forgot you guys!!!! <3

Last edited by Trance on Tue Nov 19, 2013 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 8:53 am 

Personally I'm more like to do the social than the others at the moment..

donnington Park Farmhouse seems a favourite for socials

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:06 am 

Trance wrote:
As we know we are a faction that is spread out across England and Scotland. With OOF in Leeds, bees in Nottingham, others in Cambridge, derby, London, Cornwall and me in my small corner of the south west, the location for the social could be critical to its success.

I think you forgot about our Northern Irish contingent.

I doubt a social would be held anywhere other than the midlands band of locations where all events seem to get held because anything else would be crazy.

(Unless the cost for the event was so cheap that even cutting out a geographical region would still keep it profitable)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 11:31 am 

Unless you are willing to move the wolf faction to Sussex, please can we have two sanctioned events, one in July and one in October. Weather better then. Makes a huge difference :)

I might have access to a private field with woods etc if you fancy coming down :) Can easily fit hundreds in :)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 12:43 pm 

I like the idea behind the social evening

I stayed in the wolves because of all the awesome friends I've made, and seeing you guys n girls less than I already do would suck. I'm up for anything that means I get to see people more

Midlands is usually a great place to do so and it means those north and South all have to travel to a centralised location ( which is usually close to me living in Nottingham/Derby area)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 6:36 pm 

The main reason I want a social is so that "everyone" that wants to can get involved.

The plot / yellow / NPC can let their hair down and relax and try some of that rolemaplay stuff we hear about with our friends in the wolf faction instead of going to another factions events

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:12 pm 

Socials are great and I think especially for team yellow and npc's its a fantastic way to play your character, be able to relax enjoy the game.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:01 pm 

Its one junction further north on the M1 than silverwood, its Wooley Edge scout camp, for our usual Night of the wolf children that we host in FEB/March it includes a location that is IC decorated to a decent standard, a friday night meal(Pasta based) drinking and games, out door games weather permitting.
The event games are run by the Fenris command team, and the games and prizes are ace, Norse based not Fenris, run by Jay and Simon, cooking by my good self and able kitchen and waiting staff.

The saturday starts with a cooked breakfast, followed by indoor and outdoor tracking, and hunting games or the usual indoor competitions.

From 12 noon till its gone, 18 gallons of real ale, and 20 gallons of abbey cider will be provided by your hosts.
A 3 course viking banquet will be provided, with wine/mead and uniformed(Brothers) waiter service (, the yellows and plot team NPC can have the places of honour at the high table, and kick back and chill.

Cooked Breakfast will be provided sunday morning.
Any other wolf who have visited please comment on your last visit. This time its not sanctioned but will be IC ish. Its usually a Fenris Fort in the Slavic forest. costs depends upon the numbers and deposits may be required, we spent £1200 + on our last event and made a loss of £7. We even spent money on food and prizes lol.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:14 pm 

I came along as a secondary for the day last year and it was great fun. Games were well thought out, everything had a good atmosphere and people were having fun. I can't comment on the Abby Cider as I was driving

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 2:29 pm 

What's the plan for 2015 events, as the spring events bookings are starting to pop up and I don't want to double book.
Thanks

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 11:28 am 

-tumbleweed-

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:10 am 

Any news on event that are coming as I dont want to double book ?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:43 am 

Yeah I need to get my weekends booked early... Helps save confusion and means I can get the Fridays off of work if I know in advance...

Any news yet?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 1:50 am 
Plot Croc
Plot Croc

This Friday here would like to know which Friday to skive off work :)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 1:51 am 

The period of time around when was suggested for the event is rapidly being booked up.
Any chances of me attending an early year event are looking slimmer.

Any chance of an announcement soon would be good (especially if i'm needed to write for it).

Profile E-mail