New Picture Gallery
Old Picture Gallery
Events
Links

All times are UTC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:20 pm 

I think the easiest way to summarise this is:

Between events a player can do pretty much anything so long as it does not elevate your character beyond what they were.

You can go slaying dragons (the magical beast, not the faction) but they have no horde for you to steal and expect to pick up 5000 gold from GOD at your next event (OR if you're cunning, you stole his horde, bought a house, servants, 12 wives and a large cake and while you were away they had a blow out party, one of the guests knocked the candelabra onto the curtains and the whole house went up in flames killing everyone inside and melting the cake. No more money, no more wives and worst of all, no more cake! *sobbing insues*)

You can fight trolls (or yetis) between events but you never find an Enchanted sword from your escapades and expect to pick up your lammie from GOD at your next event. You can say you have found one but then traded it for food and lodgings for a month (or it broke when you used it to kill the dragon to get your money, buy the house, the servants, the women and the cake *sobs* RIP Cake, you will be missed!).

"Damn you King Oberron; you've caused me more hassle this weekend than a half naked pirate!" -- GEF 1115

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:45 pm 
Site Admin

(Other than repeating my posts over the years....)

I had typed a long waffle that I deleted when I got to one sentence;
"You cannot make any material change to the gameworld except At Events".

Anything you claim which is not sustantiated by the gameworld is "not so", for various types of "not so".

There is one important caveat; if you claim to do something that some plot team somewhere thinks is funny to "mess you up" with, then you might find that it has happened!......

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:58 pm 

DM wrote:

Anything you claim which is not sustantiated by the gameworld is "not so", for various types of "not so".

There is one important caveat; if you claim to do something that some plot team somewhere thinks is funny to "mess you up" with, then you might find that it has happened!......

I wouldn't say that is strictly true though...

Fae can glamour themselves to change their appearance, grow fangs, change hair colour etc.

A character can go from light to heavy armour provided their character card is updated thus changing their material possessions.

A character could find his faith and change from Magecraft to Incantation (Or lose his faith for the vice versa)

You could change from Ambidex to Shield Use and change from using two daggers to an axe and shield.

All these are material changes however they don't elevate your character over the "Base16 + OSP" Player Character.

"Damn you King Oberron; you've caused me more hassle this weekend than a half naked pirate!" -- GEF 1115

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 11:46 pm 

ApacheLQ wrote:
DM wrote:

I wouldn't say that is strictly true though...

Fae can glamour themselves to change their appearance, grow fangs, change hair colour etc.

A character can go from light to heavy armour provided their character card is updated thus changing their material possessions.

A character could find his faith and change from Magecraft to Incantation (Or lose his faith for the vice versa)

You could change from Ambidex to Shield Use and change from using two daggers to an axe and shield.

All these are material changes however they don't elevate your character over the "Base16 + OSP" Player Character.

None of those are material changes "to the gameworld" though, they are merely incidental changes in your character.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 11:49 pm 
Site Admin

Nope, those are not "Material Changes", they are just some costume and some stats you will use at the next Time-In.

You cannot directly affect another character (player or NPC) or object/place or effectively be anywhere other than 'at home'.

You could exchange IC cash, scrolls or items with another player as consensual roleplaying but this would have no effect until Time-In.

You could declare yourself dead but no system effects would happen until a Time-In where any appllicable lammies were processed.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 11:49 pm 
Site Admin

"Ships in the night"

Or perhaps "great minds think alike" , eh Malc? :D

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 1:09 am 

DM wrote:

Or perhaps "great minds think alike" , eh Malc? :D

Either that or, "Fools seldom differ". Never sure which one applies :lol: