New Picture Gallery
Old Picture Gallery
Events
Links

All times are UTC

Post subject: Help with backstory
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:28 pm 

Hello there,

Just wanting to see if something makes sense from the Wolf point of view. My character is currently in the Lion's but part of her back-story is she was born in a small sea elf hamlet on the border of wolf/bear lands on Orkneyjar probably somewhere near Balfour and on the coat of course. Depending on the time of day/day of the week/month of the year/general mood depends on what faction is claiming us at the time. The sea-elves haven't the heart to tell either faction that it really doesn't matter to us. Does that sound viable? It's not massively contradicting any Wolf plot/history?

Thank you!

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Help with backstory
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:40 pm 

We did have some sea sirens that were just north of your location that attacked the Throssgaurd(sp) Islands. They could have been cousins of your clan.
I do not know of any current plot issues, but I am sure DM will be able to tell you if any issues all the way back to the founding!!!!

:D :shock: :lol: :wink:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 6:48 pm 
Site Admin

I think the Balfour area has been exceptionally uneventful throughout recorded history.

And still on the coast, which is not true for a lot of Orkneyjar-that-was.

Probably just inside Bear land atm.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:04 pm 

goblin affairs have a file on you guys - so you iz legit - da red crayon says so

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:47 am 

Sea Sirens? I have absolutly no idea what you're talking about. In fact I'm offended at the implication! *whispers urgently* Dad quick they're onto us!

Thank you for the help guys it's much appreciated. I shall boogy on over to your camp at the G with liquid appreciation. Just look for the red-head elf with a pictish wolf tattoo on her torso!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:23 am 

For refrance & if anyone cares here's the rest of her plot that I've written. Lions plot team has it like but it effects you guys too. Well as much as one teeny sea elf ever will.

One day about 127 years ago a heavily pregnant & half dead sea-elf washed up in a small boat, she was unknown to the villagers but they could recognise their own kind. She went into labour almost as soon as she was bought into the village and gave birth to a girl whom she asked be named Caoimhe, minutes after bearing this child she died.

Caoimhe was raised by a family in the village, living a normal, happy life. It was never kept from her that she was an orphan but it never bothered her much. Her adoptive family loved her and she loved them. As she grew up it became clear she was not just a sea-elf, she was a half-breed though it was the elvish side that had won out. No-one had the skills to be able to discern what race her father was, and being a practical folk it didn't bother any of them too much.

Around 30 Caoimhe left the village and travelled the heartlands for almost 100 years before joining the Company of the Brave & Foolish and settling on Lions land. During her travels she made some half hearted attempts to find out more about her parents, but as an elf (or even a half-elf) she knows (touch wood) she has a good few hundred years left yet to try and find out who and what her parents were.

The basic idea is that her father is going to turn out to be fey, mainly cos glamour. But that's it. I've asked to be kept in the dark OC about it all & given the plot team free reign if they want to do anything with it. Fun times ;-)

Profile E-mail