My stuff

Out-of-Character Information

General
New Picture Gallery
Old Picture Gallery
Events
Links

All times are UTC

Post subject: Umbral player characters...
PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 1:19 am 

I'm starting to write up a back up character and I'd like to play an Umbral race. I'm not sure which specific race would be best fitting and I can't get much information from the LT site on these races.

All it says on the LT site is:
Quote:
The Umbral races are made up of myriad other races that are not entirely pure or native to Erdreja. Examples of Umbral races are Half Fiends, Half Constructs, Voidkin or any race that is derived from an Ancestral, Demonic or Elemental race.

There is little common knowledge about the Umbral races as they are rare and not always friendly.

The main idea for the character is a Voidkin or Half-Construct formed from the element of Magic. I'm not sure though if "Constructs" can be made from the Quintessential Elements; or whether he'd be Voidkin, as Magic is an Element within the Aspect of the Void.

The basic story of the character, which has only been thought out in the last few minutes so it's still very rough is that when the Green Orb of Magic was shattered in 1104 AF3 on Amnor, a number of Magic Elementals were released from the Plane of Magic. After the 1106 AF3 Cataclysm, and the shift in Balance of the Cadres within the Amalgam, some of these Elementals were able to return home, while others gained sentience. Since the Cataclysm, the newly named SeiĆ°marr has been traveling Erdreja trying to make sense of his new world, pulled to the various gatherings of the nations by the concentrated and heightened use of Low, High and Ritual Magic.

Name:

SeiĆ°marr Galdursonnr (Lit: Great Spellcaster (Shaman), Son of Magic)

Character Skills:

Spellcasting 2
Ritual Magic 1
Power 1
Invocation
Sense Magic

Is this a character I would be able to play? What phys-rep costume/make-up would I have to wear to represent such a character? Is there any information OOC on how to play such a race and the differences between the Umbral races?

"Damn you King Oberron; you've caused me more hassle this weekend than a half naked pirate!" -- GEF 1115

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Umbral player characters...
PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 12:22 pm 

I played an umbral race, who was just a basic voidkin, it is no different than an elf or fae.
Come up with a concept which I think you have, it is a good one, but you cannot be a true elemental.
I was ritually transformed into a Magma Elemental, some remember as Shiv. As far as I know that is the only way to be a true elemental, ancestral, unliving or daemon.

In shorty play a character the way you want, dress the way you think your character would dress, have a concept and then seek out in game a way to truely be that character.
Oh I also know a true elemental of Magic is in the system.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 12:25 pm 

Sounds good. Also if you send the LT your background they sometimes run out a piece of plot to solidify your character. Not always mind you, but once in a while.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 11:23 pm 

Umbrals are very much everything else that isn't covered by the other races as a starting character. They are often daemons and void creatures which have become linked with Erdreja due the the cataclysm. The main element in Umbrals is actually Evil, this isn't necessarily a character thing, but worth baring in mind.