My stuff

Out-of-Character Information

General
New Picture Gallery
Old Picture Gallery
Events
Links

All times are UTC

Post subject: So, you want to be a were wolf?...
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:03 pm 

I've had a couple of people ask me some basic questions regarding Weredome recently, so thought I'd start up this thread to help anyone else who is considering the change.

Please keep it on Topic, and feel free to ask anything.. I will warn you in advance, if it's something that's more appropriate to find out in play that is the answer you will get ;o)

"What do I gain?" - Also asked as "What's in it for me?"

Well, you get to wear a sweaty mask and claws for up to 6 hours at a time, loose the ability to be rational and gain an intense desire to run after anything that moves, or looks at you strangely... Seriously, the primary gain is some really intense and fun Roleplay. the stats and skills are a generally FOIP thing, but suffice to say as a young were you loose more than you gain.

How much to the claws and mask cost?

To be honest they vary. if you go to one of the bespoke mask makers such as Pete Williams you can pay around £100 for a mask. in the image below is a piece of Pete's work which was designed specifically for me... If anyone remembers Jase Marden's stag mask that was another piece of work by Pete (who I can't recommend highly enough)

note: I'm the ugly one at the back, not the pretty on eat the front ;o)

There are a few people who can custom make Claws for you, they usually charge from £30 to £50 if you provide the gloves.

Alternatively Morbid Masks supply both Claws from around £75.00 and Masks from as little as a fiver.

Do I have to be a [insert beastie here]

Short version - No,

Long Version, it's entirely up to you what your heart beast is. Yal started out as a rather confused Cat/Wolf thing... these day's he's more cat than wolf but you never know what's round the corner. The pack you choose to run with may have other rules from an RP perspective though. This really is FOIP and should be taken up with the appropriate pack.

Are there any things I have to do first?

Yes, you need to take your Claw Comp. Several of us have spare Claws if you want to give it a go before you make your final decision and go buy you own kit. And you can take the test down at the archers guild at any main event, or if you are going to a sanctioned check with the organisers to see if they have a claw comp tester going along.

Once you have been changed you will have to have your "angry bag" with your claws and mask at all times, without it you cannot exist.

Is it a guarantee that I will become a ware?

Nothing is guaranteed in Erdreja, but the finer details of that are best found out in play.

Could you have one set of stats that lets you hit things well when non-furry, then when you go furry start throwing some magic around as long as you have the OSP Beast-Form Casting?

Like all sliding specials what makes a Were different (not better) is that they have a lore sheet that gives them access to a set of OS's that are not available to anyone else. As Adrian notes below this lore sheet is supposed to be kept secret from those who don't have a reason to read it.

One thing I can add is you can not have two set's of Character Skills (CS) for any reason anywhere in the rules.

What happens to your armour and weapons when changed, do they IC "disappear", or are you still wearing the armour when furry.

Good question... There is nothing in the rules either way. Personally I assume my armour has been "destroyed" on all locations, and needs to be repaired when I change back.

I'll try to keep up with any other questions in here and edit the original post to include the questions and answers.

Hope this helps someone.

Mark P
Aka - Yal the Archers Guild Cat

Last edited by Dargathi on Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject: Re: So, you want to be a were wolf?...
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 4:53 pm 

Excellent post. Great intro to becoming a were.

Thanks.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:46 pm 

Quick question about the stats.
A person who plays a were has 2 sets of stats, furry and non-furry is this correct?
If so, could you have one set of stats that lets you hit things well when non-furry, then when you go furry start throwing some magic around as long as you have the OSP Beast-Form Casting?
Must say it would really surprise people when they nock someone down who changes then blows their head off. :D

Also, what happens to your armour and weapons when changed, do they IC "dissapear", or are you still wearing the armour when furry. I know it doesnt count towards protection.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:04 pm 

Teigh wrote:
Quick question about the stats.
A person who plays a were has 2 sets of stats, furry and non-furry is this correct?
If so, could you have one set of stats that lets you hit things well when non-furry, then when you go furry start throwing some magic around as long as you have the OSP Beast-Form Casting?
Must say it would really surprise people when they nock someone down who changes then blows their head off. :D

Also, what happens to your armour and weapons when changed, do they IC "dissapear", or are you still wearing the armour when furry. I know it doesnt count towards protection.

Tbh, this is stuff you need to discuss with your prospective new pack in person, as it pertains to the loresheet, which is confidential... :wink:

Profile E-mail