My stuff

Out-of-Character Information

General
New Picture Gallery
Old Picture Gallery
Events
Links

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 12:45 pm 

Natural claws do need a lammie. You get it the same way as all lammies (normally through a ritual).

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 1:20 pm 
Site Admin

If you wear "natural claws" as costume then no.
If you wear "natural claws" and want to claw people then yes.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 1:31 pm 

cush thanks

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 7:08 pm 

Elm wrote:
There is only one "pool" of power that is used to fuel all 3 types of casting.

I feel I must say that in *general* they've done a reasonably good job. Of course, subject to breaking the whole thing with stupid lammies, OSP skills and lore sheets...which was the main cause of pain with V2!

*generally* yes. I'd agree.

The power thing, although made to make life easier, is so going to get broken in the first five minutes, if not already done so.

In the order of 14 mage bolts per day is possible depending how some existing skills and power transfer over....

James

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 7:30 pm 

Rich too wrote:
Natural claws do need a lammie. You get it the same way as all lammies (normally through a ritual).

if claws are natural why would you need a ritual for them to be used aint that a bit silly

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 10:05 pm 
Site Admin

It's the difference between "big hairy old hands with big nasty finger nails - but which are still hands" and "claw-like devices strapped to your arms" and "Natural Claws (tm) as defined by The Rules"

Last edited by DM on Thu Feb 22, 2007 3:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 2:10 am 

thanks
sorted

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 3:57 pm 

Simply put you wont get one unless you hold a valid special creature which allows yo uto have Natural Claws.

You can have weapon claws but these can be shattered and fumbled like normal weapons.

Claws may or may not have a claw competency card and test. Still under discussion

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 4:24 pm 

Quote:
14 mage bolts per day

Yeah...spotted that during the proofing (though the authors didnt!) but as mage bolt is chest only now, it's not quite as useful as it might have been.

Just think what you can do with a mage armour....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 4:38 pm 
Site Admin

Both Blast and Mage Bolt target any named location, not just the torso.

Yes, you can do 14 magebolts a day if you are Spell 2 plus all power and have the Double Cards OS and have access to Mage Bolt.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 6:26 pm 

DM wrote:
Yes, you can do 14 magebolts a day if you are Spell 2 plus all power and have the Double Cards OS and have access to Mage Bolt.

Yup! That was my point. I know more than one person already who can have this in their grasp.

You also create a power gaming option, people are going to drive their lammie wallets through it.

So, what are me and my 14 mates with our armour mastery and advanced healing, shield mastery and crush going to do about that battery. Heck we've got the same amount spent on some uber skills...

Welcome to Magic, the Gathering,

Oh sorry, that was the Gathering, MAGIC,

No I meant LT World of Warcraft Gathering...

Okay - the mage bolt may be a tad one dimensional thinking, but its equally valid for the level 2 double power sleep, blast machines.

Don't worry though, us thump monkeys in proper heavy metal armour get the option of an extra level of body dev??? (Hey - it is nice, dont get me wrong but just more padding to sleep on methinks....)

Maybe new spell vocals such as DAKKA DAKKA DAKKA may be in order.

What is it they say, the rich get richer, the poor get poorer.

Well the mages get wizardier, the thump monkeys get dumber.

Obviously, playing will out, but it does look like the paper rippers are on an increasing winner.

James

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 6:30 pm 

just get immunity to enchanted damage.....then you can laugh at their mage bolts

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 6:43 pm 
Site Admin

8)
Okay 15 tanks vs one bloke with Death Package A.

15 tanks advance to 30 feet, DPA bloke steps forward and casts his first magebolt.
How many of the 13 tanks that run forward will actually get magebolted before DPA is splattered by them. Will #15 have been fully healed by #14 for one card in that time.

Even if DPA was Tony, who doth run like the wind and might keep distance and cast. Even if the 15 stood in a line line bottles on a wall for 14 of them to be dutifully magebolted, Lasttank Standinson then takes them on with his sword & shield & plate vs. DPA's one sword.

Red Mist a gogo?? cheaper ways to off someone.

LT Competive Magic is, and always will be, a one off trick.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 6:47 pm 
Site Admin

Roloan wrote:
just get immunity to enchanted damage.....then you can laugh at their mage bolts

I believe the queue for that is next to the queue for Immunity to Normal Damage.

I'll leave it to MArkF to detail how one might acquire Immunity to Normal Damage.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 6:49 pm 
Site Admin

DM wrote:
Okay 15 tanks vs one bloke with Death Package A

Or, under R2, 15 such tanks against 15 card rippers with sleep or halt?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:16 am 

Quote:
Both Blast and Mage Bolt target any named location, not just the torso.

Oh feck....they changed that from the last proof that I saw then - and that is a big mistake...still makes my choice of double spell cards even betterer.

I do think that there will be "confetti showers" come the final battles...even more so if it is named locations! I'm off to read the published version then, seems like they back tracked on some stuff *shudders*.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:34 pm 

Basic Level 2 mage - Gives 12 cards - 8 points
Extra cards twice - Gives 8 cards - 4 points
Mage 3 - No additional cards - OSP Based
Double spell cards - Gives total of 40 cards - OSP based

And I'm being generous assuming said Mage would want to do other things that day..

I know of at least 8 people who already have Mage 3 and double cards.. At least two of those are special in other ways too, making their choice of basic skills unimportant, allowing them to spend all 16 basic points on Spell cards, a whopping 56 cards...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 1:32 pm 

Meh, who needed the front rank of thugs anyway :S

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 2:01 pm 

*shrug* I'm reserving judgement on Rules 3 until they've been played in a bit, but to play devil's advocate to the people who are concerned about more mage bolts being thrown around at the thump monkeys....

... I don't know the exact final figure of mage bolts per day, but 14 has been bandied about. So, a mage can whack out 14, and it costs him a fair few points on his character card (and possibly OSPs and stuff anyway). Mage bolts will still be useless in any combat bigger than a skirmish (magicky types have always had a crappy time in the big battles because people just don't hear them, and that won't be changing). But okay, the limit has gone up. What are the options for the thump monkeys?

Thump monkeys walk around with a sword, or a hammer, or a polearm. They can potentially hit and wound people with them a near-infinite number of times per day. Unless I'm mistaken, being able to wield a sword doesn't even cost a character point anymore. If they acquire skills to do crush (and what self-respecting Wolf thump monkey doesn't?) then they can flatten locations about as efficiently as mage bolts, and they don't have to stop to tear a card to do it. Worried that a sword doesn't have enough range to hit a mage with before he hits you? Get a polearm. Polearm still not long enough? Get a friend and arrange to charge him simultaneously. Have no friends? Get a bow, or a whole bunch of throwing weapons (if I had a stell for every mage I've flattened with a brick over the years...). Can't throw or aim to save yourself? Learn to skirmish, surprise the mage, gain some immunities, find a friend with a mute spell, or a sleep spell, or mage bolts of his own. Find a gimp who is willing to repeatedly run at the mage, get magebolted and get healed up until the mage is out of power. Back off, and wait for an opportune moment to poison the mage's beer later on, or stab him in the back when he gets distracted, or have him framed for some heinous crime and executed. Hell, try TALKING to him...

Yeah, mages will get a bit more snacky under rules 3, but they're by no means infallible, there are still PLENTY of ways to deal with them, with a bit of strategy and imagination.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 4:13 pm 

lesterthejester wrote:
Yeah, mages will get a bit more snacky under rules 3, but they're by no means infallible, there are still PLENTY of ways to deal with them, with a bit of strategy and imagination.

And a bow...or four!

Speaking of bows, I've heard that the OSP "Fletching" is going to bite the dust. Now how am I going to shoot skellingtons?

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next