New Picture Gallery
Old Picture Gallery
Events
Links

All times are UTC

Post subject: Getting ready for the Forest - visitors board
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:06 am 

Hi all.

This board is intended to be used mainly by those individuals/groups/Factions who are turning up to visit the Forest with us in a few weeks time.

This board is for you guys to have a 'meeting' point, where, if you have any questions, worries, etc you now at least have a point of contact.

I'll release some information that it'd be good for you to know before the trip. I'll do this on Fri.

I'm always availiable if you need to contact anyone about stuff. If I can't help, I'll put you onto someone who can and will.

If you know of any other visitors, who don't have access to this ley, let me know via a message and I can offer other contact mediums and take it from there.

Many Thanks,

Kiff Morgan, Castellan of the Wolves.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Getting ready for the Forest - visitors board
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:41 am 

Ok, the next posting here was going to be an extremely long one - it concerns many, many things - but it is a final report which we all need to read and be aware of - forewarned is apparently forearmed! However, I've shortened down to the main points, if you would like to see the report in full, please let me know.

I stress that this report was not written by me and the full credit should go to those I have named at the bottom of the posting. If you also contributed but are not mentioned, the fault is mine.

Kiff

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:43 am 

The Shadow War

The Shadow are daemons seeking to destroy the ancestors of the sun and moon, Sol and Mani to cast Erdreja into darkness, and conquer the world. They are seeking to do this by killing and subverting their followers and descendants. The Shadow’s leader is a powerful daemon called Provius.

The Good Guys

Mani - The Ancestor of the Moon, he drives a chariot pulling the moon across the sky each night.

Lunas - An aspect of the Moon Ancestor also widely worshipped in Norsca.

Sol - The Ancestor of the Sun, likewise he drives a chariot pulling the sun across the sky each day.

Bhargeera - Once a member of the court of Odin, she fell in love with Mani, but she was cast out and cursed to the form of a wolf to howl after her lover as he passes over each night.

The Spirit Guides - these are ancestral creatures sent by Mani to his mortal followers, they always take the form of an animal or a person marked with a device of that animal.

Clan Claw - Once numerous, these are the wolfkin descended from Bhargeera, they bear three red ‘claw’ marks across their left eye. They live in the Vanamoiinen.

Thud - He is the Alpha of Clan Claw and will not talk to most outsiders directly, often relying on his pack members to pass on his will. He is said to of killed a forest troll single handed, a remarkable feat by the clan’s standards.

Ripper - The Shamen of Clan Claw, he often speaks for his Alpha.

Slasher - A prominent female in Clan Claw

Wildlings - the clanless beastkin of the Vanamoiinen, also pressed into Profius’ service.

Brojn - the first werewolf of the Pack of Mani, the champion who originally defeated the Shadow.

The Bad Guys

Provius - an ancient danger, he is probably one of the highest types of daemons, with exceptional resilience to all but the greatest weapons in Erdreja or those forged to kill daemons. When in danger he can simply step into a shadow and escape.

Shadow Daemons - the rank and file of Profius’ forces. They are capable enemies, able to manifest a range of deadly attacks, including diseases and decays, and are also capable of breaching the ritual of peace. They are recognisable as black skinned, with wispy white lines on one cheek. The best defence against these creatures is a very tight circle, or to keep moving.

The ‘White’ Shadows - Very deadly daemons, the elite of Provius forces, they seemed both tougher and able to strike more lethal blows.

Harvester Daemons - these are his key servants in Erdreja, a priority target in any battle. They seek to seriously wound werecreatures and drain their blood. They are tough and capable of felling a person rapidly, they also possess the ability to cast a forbidding once they have their prey. These appear similar to normal shadow daemons, but bear a red crescent moon on one cheek.

Possessed Beastkin - both Clan Claw and regular beastkin. While possessed they are formidable fighters, rough, tough and many capable of smashing opponents apart with great weapons. They are though victims in this and where possible should be knocked out and the possessing shadow dismissed.

Our Mission

We are transporting to the Isrngrad circle and then meeting Clan Claw at the town of Karamazov, they will walk us into our camp from where we will seek to do the following:

Rescue Bhageera, she is being dragged around the Vanamoiinen forest by servants of the Shadow.

Close the tear caused by our mission into the Shadow Realm, possibly by doing a rite.

Free any Clan Claw that are possession by the shadow daemons. Drop, not kill!

Find the fallen Norn who can hold Provius in place.
Bind Provius back to Mani and Sol, or destroy him if possible.

The Vanamoiinen is a very dangerous and wild forest. Stray from the war band at your own risk.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:44 am 

Contributors: Vannun, Taenia, Kalisha, Spooks and various werewolves

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 3:25 pm 

Thank you for this information. Myself and a few Bears will be in attendance

Lukas

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 4:19 pm 

Hi Kiff,

Thank you to you for your efforts in co-ordinating the information and knowledge that is pertinent to our upcoming campaign and for ensuring those from outside the Faction who will be joining us are forwarned as well.

A big thank you too, to all of you who have contributed to the information available to the faction and to those of you who passed details to Kiff so that we can be as prepared as possible for the campaign.

Also, thanks to our visitors and friends who are joining us in a few short weeks. I am sure the Faction will welcome you in the finest Norscan traditions, your support and friendship is appreciated :D

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:02 pm 

We any of these possessed beastkin Ruathar?

Most of us have died or moved on, but surely there must be some still living in the vanamoiinen?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:16 pm 

Septimus, do the general population of the Ruathar beastkin have any specific markings?

The ones I recall encountering so far have only been either unmarked or Clan Claw.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:34 pm 

I forgot to add that Niall coordinated the intelligence gathering on this.

Sorry Niall. :oops:

Kiff

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:16 pm 

When I lived in the Vanamoiinon the beastkin of the Ruathar came in many shapes and sizes and obviously not all members were beastkin. Any remaining would have some form of token or colours in red and black as a sign as their oath to the protection of Norsca (the dream and idea, not necessarily the place).

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:20 am 

There have been no reports of beastkin bearing red and black attacking us. That's not to say it hasn't happened or that The Shadow haven't captured or controlled any Ruathar. It is why it's so important we knock out any attacking beastkin and dismiss any daemons posessing them.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:21 am 

If anyone, including visitors from other factions, require transporting to the meeting point at Isrngrad could they meet me in New Odinsheim at the Guild quarter and I will transport out at the required time on the Friday afternoon.

Malthus Calgar,
Faction High mage.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:15 pm 

Noble Wolves,
In accordance with the Alliance between the nation's of the Bear and Wolf and as befitting the strong bond between our people, my family as well as clansmen of the bear will be journeying to the Isrngrad circle to lend our might in conquering those in the Vanamoiinen forest that would seek to threaten your lands. My son Lukas has already provided enough information for me to begin preparations for the fight to come. Should my people have any further questions we will relay these through Lukas. For now I will carry on reviewing what might be appropriated from the Bears faction armoury.

In faith and friendship,

Mell Mortain
Ruling Laird of Caledonia

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:51 pm 

Septimus, I have heard little of the Ruathar for sometime but none of the beastkin who have been possessed appeared to be Ruathar.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 3:33 pm 

Does anyone know if there is a full moon at the time of the mission ?

Lukas

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 3:51 pm 

There will not be a full moon as I believe it has just past.

(OOC: we are not planning to have one at the event)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:07 am 

Good summary although Lunas is a Moon Ancestor in her own right and pre dates
Mani.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:50 pm 
Site Admin

I noted the same Terwin and put it down to a lack of understanding, similar to the one regarding the temple not being what we think it is....

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:45 pm 

how many does it predates, Terwin?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:25 am 

Terwin - how does one find out the true name of a demon?

Any ideas?

Kiff

Profile E-mail