New Picture Gallery
Old Picture Gallery
Events
Links

All times are UTC

Post subject: Gathering Pit Fight
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 11:42 pm 

Greetings people of the Heartlands and beyond,

Due to an extremely positive response to the first pit fight back at the first Moot, It is my pleasure to announce that the Wardens shall be running a second Baghdad Pit Fight at the Gathering this year.

The pit shall begin at 3pm on the Saturday of the moot, and on behalf of the Wardens I would like to invite teams and individuals to enter for the glory of winning and the roar of the crowd.

Below you will find the rules of the pit fight, to entertain you during the visit to the Gathering of Nations.

The tournament is once again being organised by the Wardens in the tradition of the Baghdadian pit fights, backed by the Tarantulan Nation with assistance from the Scouts Guild. It will be held in the Marketplace on the Saturday of the Spring Moot, to commence at 3pm.

You may enter the competition by registering with the Scouts Guild on the Friday or Saturday morning before 1pm.

Either you submit your team name, the names of your five players and your 10 gold entrance fee at the Scouts guild desk to secure a team slot for the Pit fight.

Or, you may enter as an individual for 1 gold, and be randomly placed onto one of two 'Wildcard' Teams for the competition. There are however only 10 Wildcard places available (Two teams of five for those not fond of counting)

There will be additional 'Entertainment fights' and we would encourage audience participation when it is asked for.

The Tournament Rules

*The tournament will consist initially of 8 teams, each team formed of 5 players, of which each player may compete for one team only.

* Should there be significant interest, we intend to run this as a 16 team tournament, since this is the Gathering and thus a show piece entertainment opportunity.

*It costs ten gold to enter a team in to the tournament, the prize is fifty gold for the winning team should the tournament run with eight teams, or one hundred gold should we have the full sixteen teams enter.

*This is a non-lethal tournament, should an opposing team member somehow be slain, the entire team shall be deemed responsible. Do not allow it to happen.

*Only the ability to Dismiss, Petrify and Lethal Venoms are prohibited, any other abilities, skills and magical attacks and items are permitted. Anyone deemed acting 'excessively' with magical abilities shall be dealt with at the discretion of the organisers and the Militia.

*The teams shall be placed into a draw to decide the order of combat, when a team wins they progress to the next round as dictated by the organiser.

*The is no limit to who may be on your team, nor what skills they bring, following the above rules.

*The team that wins the final shall be declared the winner and claim the prize fund.

*The organisers decision is final in all matters.

You are welcome to bring friends and family as support, the more spectators, the higher the entertainment value for all involved, bringing some healers with you may also be a great idea. If you have any issues or questions, seek me out and I will endeavour to help.

To combat, may it be brutal and entertaining.

Raziel of the Wardens

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Gathering Pit Fight
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 6:17 pm 
Plot Croc
Plot Croc

Im gonna bring my spear and peterodactyl down to it, not gonna lose any of them

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:16 pm 

Captain, I've got some bad news about that pterodactyl,
you see i let it out of its cage on advice from some of my sources and then it flew away!

Don't worry though, i've asked at least two people if they have it so it's bound to be back soon.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:10 pm 

But Sergeant my sources tell me that your sources were lying when they gave you that advice and my sources sources believe that the Captain's pet never escaped but was instead kidnapped by an unknown group of rogue sources.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:33 pm 

Tasted good with brown Sauce...

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 6:10 pm 

Dave the Troll has your Pterodactyl... just saying

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:27 pm 
Plot Croc
Plot Croc

thank the ancestors for that!!!!!! Im not being a tout but yal just said he ate that spear!!!!!