General
New Picture Gallery
Old Picture Gallery
Events
Links

All times are UTC

Post subject: Scouts Guild Training Competition
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:50 pm 

Right this year we have decided to follow suit with the Incantors and will be holding a series of competitions throughout the year, the prize for competeing and winning this will win access to training in either the skill of Ignoring effects that might immobilise you or the ability to throw weapons with enough skill to strike through armour.

There will be a very long list of tasks and a scoring system, 2 members of the guild will be chosen by the masters to compete and each faction shall put forward 1 member who will I would hope be someone who would do well in our guild (this member must have the approval of the factions command and I will be checking so do not try to enter if you dont have it)

If you wish to be considered for the guild entrant then contact me, also names will be taken at the moot on the friday and until 5pm on the Saturday. Telling you the trials involved would be no fun but be ready for anything.

Oh yes any outside interference into the competition or its entrants will be dealt with most harshly and may result in such nasty side effects as a ringing in your ears, headaches and death.

Master Cade Nanook Ar Gaed
Master of training

OOC: Please dont submit your name if you lack the OSP's required and do not have the pre reqs, for immune to immob its immune to repel and strikedown for through thrown its Through. If you have them and 50 osps in your account and headspace to learn a skill all good.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Scouts Guild Training Competition
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:30 pm 

Cade wrote:
each faction shall put forward 1 member who will I would hope be someone who would do well in our guild

Whatever your thoughts or impressions of the Scouts Guild might be but not let this put you off. He means they are looking for someone versatile, intelligent and capable of thinking outside of the box.

Scouts Guild have long had a bad reputation and in the last few years successive Grand Masters (Cutter, Nazael, and Arber) have worked hard to address this image. The Scouts Guild are like the Ganglandir, they are about information, getting it, delivering it and using it.

If you want to go for this but aren't feeling confident, or if you just want some tips or advice come see me or Hirganglandir Venner.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:51 pm 

Me and mine that are scouts shall be spending a lot of time down at the guild this season, we have information to glean and share! looking forward to seeing the guild again!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:34 pm 

And we look forward to having you there

It is true the scouts had a bad reputation in times gone but were hoping that is changed and the factions will welcome us in assissting them as only we can. I am most likely doing a tour of the factions myself on the Friday evening of the upcoming moot to explain the competition to faction commands the competition if you do have questions or concerns ill be the mouthy bloke from Erin in the funny hat and the green coat with a red hand on the back.

Master Cade
Master of training in the scouts guild.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 1:06 pm 

Master Cade if I get the chance, I would very much like a chat about scout matters etc. Oh course drinks will be on hand :)

Any member of Ganglandir feel free to attend the competitions you may pick up some good pointers :wink: Hell if I get the chance I may have a go (despite my old age).

Venner
Faction master scout

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 1:29 pm 

I encourage as many of you as possible to attend and take part. It will give you some good training and contacts for the future, if nothing else.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 2:36 pm 

As a point the competition will run over the course of the four mains to give entrants ample time to prove their skills and worth. Also if your not an entrant some of the tasks we will still happily let you join in on for training and experience, some however are just for the entrants (I say this knowing Master Capulet will probably have you all writing reports and answering odd questions as she does love her questions, so im trying to save some of you from it)

Master Cade "Nanook" Ar Gaed
Master of training in the scouts guild.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:41 am 

I will be down with Xrixx to disucuss a few things with the guild i have some interesting ideas to share with you.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 3:26 pm 

I will happily attend, though I will pass on competing. I'm not skilled enough at the moment, but the experience is what I shall be looking for :)

Profile E-mail