My stuff

Out-of-Character Information

General
New Picture Gallery
Old Picture Gallery
Events
Links

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 416 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next
 Post subject: Re: The honoured dead
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:38 pm 

Apologies if I'm stepping on anyone's toes by doing this, but I felt it should be noted that Terwin died this last weekend. Although I didn't know him that well myself I know he was held in high regard by many of the faction; Erdreja will be a much less smily place now.

Alf from the Storm Ravens also died and I believe there were (at least) two others but their names escape me at the minute.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:46 pm 

Brother Galathran the Legend, healer to the Order of Fenris, was slain by my own hand during our campaign to Trellborg. He fought and died a warriors death in Holmgang. His pattern was sent to Fenris and now he drinks in the halls of Valhalla.

Drink well my friend.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:05 pm 

Kalim, a young recruit to the Ganglandir, fell during the defeat of Prufius. His courage, honour and dedication to duty will be remembered always. I was priviledged to lead him in battle and in service. Sleep well, brother....

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:26 am 

I only knew Terwin for a couple of years, since he embarked on his sabbatical from GrandMaster of the mages guild. Even before I had met him his name was legend and the things he has done in life would make your hair stand on end. Yet for all of his knowledge and power was a humble and friendly man and helped the faction at every step of the way and I'm glad to have the chance to call him a friend and to of known him.

No doubt his name, research and actions will echo through time.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:21 pm 
Site Admin

Terwin was a living contradiction and something of a legend in his own lifetime.

He was brave, reckless, an idiot and a genius, sometimes all at the same time.

He escaped unescapable situations unscathed and brought victory for the faction where we thought there was none to be attained.

He died in combat, sword in hand, fighting for what he knew to be right and shall be remembered as a hero who gave his all.

His funeral pyre burned bright atop the mountain over the Fellowship temple, under the watchful gaze of Lunas.

May he never be forgotten.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:24 pm 

I had know Terwin for most of my life. He was a true friend and Norscan. As Raven says a genius ,brave mage and sometimes a reckless idiot.

He will be missed by many inside and outside the faction.
He is with Lunas now.

Farewell old friend. In fellowship
Venner

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:50 pm 

i would like to also mention our fallen bee, Haldor, he showed no mercy, he fought to the bitter end,

he died doing what he loved, with his sword in one hand and KaDunkie stick in the other.

may he have a pieceful rest.

Jacob

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:41 pm 

It is with the Greatest honour that we mark the passing of Brother Captain Thorgrim the Red of the Order of Fenris.

The well known and respected captain was slain in glorious battle during the chaotic battle against Lars Goldrinker, he now goes to join Brother Captain Thorkil the Avatar of Hel and the rest of Fenris' choosen champions.......he has earned his place well.

We will soon meet again brother and battle once again, side by side, shields locked once more.

FOR FENRIS!!!!!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:45 pm 

Brother captain you died a hero and a man of your word.
It was Lars Goldrinker and his crew that slayed all the occupants of my village. causing my brother Mikel and I to search the wastes of the north looking for vengeance.

We wrongly accused the members of your crew for causing the deed. Since that time I have myself become a full brother of the Order finding and picking up the ways of the grey wolf to an higher level. You told me that you would find him, and slay him.

I have killed many, including members of his crew along our turbulent voyage together, finally being on the field where he was slain, unfortunately i missed the deed, and your unfortunate passing due to war wounds.
Your body is ashes yet you serve the Grey Wolf in death until we meet again brother captain.

For FENRIS

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:40 pm 

I would like to say a few words about a couple of friends that fell during the past Gathering.

First of all, Lily of the Wanderers. She was a close friend, who followed Loki, and fell foul to a mugging on the Saturday night. i only knew for a couple of years, but it was a pleasure to have known her for the short time i did. I was present for her dedication to her ancestor at the hands of Rune. it was a very touching moment, and very appropriate, as Rune is also a follower of Loki. I was very sad to see her pass into the void beyond. She will be greatly missed. I'm sure we will see her again at Ragnorok, at Loki's side

Killian, the previous Leader of the Wanderers also fell during the final battle. i was not present to see him fall, but knowing Killian as i did, it was probably taking on the biggest baddest thing walking the field. He was a great man. I half expect to see him walking out of a voidgate next year, kicking ass on his way out of Nifleheim (sp?)

They both will be greatly missed.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:08 pm 

Two good friends. I hope to see them at Ragnarok. I had heard about Lily; I only really got to know her this year as well. Killian is a surprise though. I would like to think he took something big and hard down with him, kicking and screaming, and took out a fair few more with his death throws. I only saw him that morning as well, he was shocked that I was still alive and we'd planned to catch up over winter and into the Spring Moot.

Drink well until Ragnarok my friend; I know you will keep Heiðrún busy.

"Damn you King Oberron; you've caused me more hassle this weekend than a half naked pirate!" -- GEF 1115

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 1:16 pm 

Do not mourn those who have died in battle, for they will live eternal until we will once again stant at thier side, with swords in hand, to fight the last fight.

All speed to the halls of Valhalla, one and all; to await those of us who have yet to follow.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 3:26 pm 

Sorry chap, but in case you weren't paying attention, the damn valkyries are on strike (less i missed something at the gathering) until baldur's mum gets her head out of her arse. Now me and the boys are fine cos Old Thorkill is running the armies in Nifleheim, but the rest of you are in for some pain if we don't get this sorted...

Sorry for the blunt language, but this is a major issue, and it needs resolving or we wont have anyone to fight at ragnarok :twisted:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 6:37 pm 

Jaeger_UK wrote:
Sorry chap, but in case you weren't paying attention, the damn valkyries are on strike (less i missed something at the gathering) until baldur's mum gets her head out of her arse. Now me and the boys are fine cos Old Thorkill is running the armies in Nifleheim, but the rest of you are in for some pain if we don't get this sorted...

Sorry for the blunt language, but this is a major issue, and it needs resolving or we wont have anyone to fight at ragnarok :twisted:

From what I was told at the G, it's only Frigg's Valkyries who are on strike. But besides that, even is Valhalla is closed, only half the Einherjar will end up there anyway. Freyja may have them training in Folkvangr to work up an appetite before the drinking commences. :)

"Damn you King Oberron; you've caused me more hassle this weekend than a half naked pirate!" -- GEF 1115

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:18 am 

Jaeger_UK wrote:

I am aware of the current situation but I will be making sure that if any warriors fell in battle that Hel does not keep that which is not heres to keep. The valarous dead must go to valhalla, that is what Odin has decreed and if that is renaiged on, then conversations will need to be had I feel.

THis Bauldr situation will be solved, I will make sure of that!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 11:28 am 

Wolves,

At the Gathering of Nations I have made a deal with the King, before the High Council, that any and all persons in the Wolf fleets, sailors, officers or marines, who fall in battle, or have fallen since the Baldur issue began, will have their names recorded and this list will be presented to Odin (or whichever Norscan Ancestor is appropriate) when this issue is finally resolved. Those fallen who are not in their rightful place will then be restored to that place in the next world where they truly belong and sought to reach. I understand Jaster has taken this to the Wolf Armies also. Therefore I would suggest that this agreement would also cover those members of the elite in the Faction. I'm sure the Radek will confirm this if he feels it necessary.

In service, I am yours ever,
Admiral Xaan Solitaire

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 11:35 am 

Teigh Tathal - died at the Spring Moot 1113 at the hands of assassins led by Romarus.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:29 pm 

I was saddened to find out the Teigh fell during the spring moot, we chatted at the spring moot & he seemed a fine & bold soul.

It was also a sad moment to find Killian too late for healing on the battlefield at the gathering. Only the day before we had stood side by side to defend the wolf camp when most our forces were out on an honour battle with the dragons. We had both been hit hard during that defence, with the skirmish coming to a close I checked him for damages, poisons and diseases. As I did so he looked at me, smiled & said "if I am still standing, I am usually doing fine,". This was the thought going through my mind as his body was carried to the transport circle to take him home.

Lily I had only met on a few occasions, but Xaan's sorrowful tones told a tale all of thier own when he informed the Shian of her death. I wish we had time to know each other better.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:32 am 

It is my honour to report the deaths of the following:

Brother Captain Grom the Brave,
Brother Priest Hakon the Heathen Purger,
Brother Grimbold,
Brother Garrold the Guilty.

All four died in combat on day one of the recent campaign, doing their duty as the rear guard, giving the rest of the wolves the time to transport to safety.

Until Ragnarok.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 6:24 pm 

Rook of the Icewalkers, Blessed by the spirit of the Bear of the Children of Mani Pack.

I was healing him when we transported out on the Friday night, he was bounced back from the circle, and when we returned and found him. Rook and many others we’re dead.
If I had stepped out the circle to heal him, he may still be alive.

I remember Rook.
When I first met Rook he had been scratched against his will, and his heartbeast had been corrupted to take the form of a cat as was his maker. He came to me asking what I felt under the full moon, for he only felt angry and enslaved.

We worked together him and I, pulled in favours, and performed a rite to bring out his true heartbeast. He was a wolf! A discussion with our Alpha, Lord Wolf Radek, the decision was made that we would Adopt Rook to our pack, we would give him a home and a family. He faced his challenges with eager determination, and just kept going and going.
Rook was the very essence of the Bear, the Warrior, the Protector.

I remember Rook.

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 416 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next