My stuff

Out-of-Character Information

General
New Picture Gallery
Old Picture Gallery
Events
Links

All times are UTC

Post subject: Ever wanted to play a 40k Larp?
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 6:07 pm 

Well now's your chance!

We are very pleased to announce the release of our character creation system for No Rest for the Wicked (A Warhammer 40,000 LARP about swashbuckling rogues and adventurous pioneers inspired by the Rogue Trader game), available on our player wiki at http://rules.norestforthewicked.org.uk/.

Along with this system, we all also be releasing our player pack for our first event In For a Throne which will be held at The Craigs Scout Camp, Torphichen on the 10th of August, 2012. Now the date for that event is not very far away, so book now! This pack will be released in approximately a week and contains a bunch of information about the event, as well as some general overview material about the setting. All this material is available on the wiki and more will be put up there as time goes on. Please feel free to contribute yourselves! If a page isn’t locked for modification, then it’s free for addition/correction/editing by anyone. Although we do reserve the right to undo any changes we’re not comfortable with as the wiki is representative of us as an organisation.

In order to edit the wiki, you’ll need to sign up for the forum athttp://www.norestforthewicked.org.uk/forums/. You can also join in discussion about the game, rules, events and engage in IC dialogue.

The keen eyed or simply curious among you will notice some obvious omissions from the rules information at the moment, we’re lacking full information on influence perks, STC constructs and the trade system. However we felt it was unfair to keep you waiting simply because we hadn’t polished off all the detail. Over the next few days you may notice some very strange pages appearing as we upload our notes, as well as associated talents changing as we refine the system. Where possible, we’ve tried to give as detailed an overview as possible as to how the system works in practice. Please bear with us.

All characters should be sent to storytellers@norestforthewicked.org.uk and we will do our best to reply within a day or two. Please also add character and group concepts to the wiki so we can begin fleshing out the game world.

For those of you looking for in character photographs, we will have a reasonable quality camera (and average quality cameraman in the form of the lead ST) available at the first event for some ‘in the wild’ shots.

On behalf of the No Rest for the Wicked Storyteller Team

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Ever wanted to play a 40k Larp?
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 6:47 pm 

Looks like something I'd be up for, would turn up as one of the First and Only, however as I have a lack of money, I will have to wait till next year to attend...Feth

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 7:12 pm 

Damn, another one I wanna do.... I'll have to concentrate on Serenity for now, so maybe next year for me too.... :D

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 7:35 pm 

Really want to do this but friends birthday comes first.
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:05 pm 

Yeah, the timing isn't ideal I know (I know I'd have liked to have been with the Faction this year as planned, boo for weddings and job commitments) but its a case of when the site was available.

We will be planning a social themed event this Autumn/Winter and I'll post when just as soon as the venue is confirmed. I do suggest anyone interested take a look at the forums now and over the next few months as the team is strongly encouraging players to create their own place in the world (I know there's a few working on planetary backgrounds, Rogue Trader Houses and Inquisitorial Agents) and tailor events for the player base involved. The Storyteller team are lovely and will answer any queries or thoughts you have.

Sarah
Lead Storyteller's Minion

Profile E-mail